Tuesday, January 13, 2009

First Blog

So I thought it might be fun, adventurous and a procrastination tool to start blogging.  I thought maybe we could post what is going on with our new house, our pregnancy and soon to be extended family.  What's easier than hearing it from the horse's mouth, right?  

Well things have been pretty simple I guess.  We have been busy rearranging our kitchen, which I can comfortably say is complete.  We moved the refigerator from by the back door to by the basement door and it opens up our kitchen a lot!  We have put up a pot rack (for our new pots) above the kitchen cart we bought for more counter space and storage!  We (Greg and Uncle Phil) put up undermount lighting under the cabinets to give our counter tops more light.  I can now see what I am cutting (with our new knives).  Kitchen projects: CHECK!

We also were given a china hutch for a dining room (Thanks mom and dad).  We will be cleaning it up over the next few weeks and bringing it in...with our china...finally!  

We also went to Soulard Market for the first time this past weekend and bought ourselves a new rug for the dining room.  Greg will be returning this weekend for a rug for the living room.  

Greg also patiently put up our shades (which took a month to come in) and our curtains.  Both look FABULOUS.  

I think after a coat rack and a bathroom mirror for downstairs we will be finished!  That is, until the baby's room.  oh yea, and we can't forget the storage shelves for the basement.  

On to the baby.  She is just fabulous!  She has been kicking up a storm and when she kicks hard enough, you can visibly see where.  Greg saw her through my stomach for the first time this weekend and found it weird in an awesome way!  We are so excited to meet her, as I am sure you all are too!  There really isn't much else to share, which I think is a good thing!  

We shall post again soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment