Saturday, March 21, 2009

Thankful

My dad had quadruple bypass on Thursday and it has been nothing but a blessing that he had the #1 heart team on his side.  It was also nice that my mom and I knew his surgeon from the gym.  Its a small world.  He has been recovering quickly.  He was off the ventilator 6 hours ahead of schedule and out of CVR (or ICU) 24 hours early.  The one thing that I love about my dad (ok one of the many) is that when he puts his mind to something, he will get it done in no time.  And right now, that something is recovering.  Now we just have to wait for his kidneys to get back to normal before he can come home.  Hopefully that will be Monday.  But we will see.  Unfortunately, because of his kidneys, he can not be on pain killers, so he is in a heck of a lot of pain.  :(  He is doing well, and I am so lucky to have a dad like him.  I wouldn't be me without him!!!  :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment