Monday, October 4, 2010

Food Poisoning

I am pretty sure I have it.  This morning around 1:30, I woke up to MAJOR stomach cramps.  I mean so crampy I thought that I had done 1000 situps or something.  So crampy that my back ached from neck to rear.  So crampy that I had to go sleep on the couch and every once in a while hug my porcelain pillow.  I have never had food poisoning before, so I wasn't sure that's what it was, but after reading symptoms and what causes it, I am pretty certain.
Last night I made these sandwiches for the second time this weekend. (So not good for you but SOSOO YUMMY!)  We didn't have enough of the newer turkey so I ate some of the older turkey(open about 2 weeks, but it smelled fine and and still had a couple of weeks until expiring). Little did I know it was no longer good.  Apparently, Listeria is a bacteria that causes food poisoning.  It is also found in some pre packaged meats like lunch meat.  Like the lunch meat I had last night.  Oy.
I am still feeling a tad bit queasy and the kids and I are taking it rather easy.  Here's hoping its done by nap time because I have TONS of cleaning to do!!

1 comment: