Friday, September 11, 2009

9-11

Its easy to forget this day. I do it on a daily basis. But, once a year, I am brought back to the reality. The reality of thousands of innocent people that were killed and thousands of people that were heroes.

How amazing is our country?!

Pretty gosh darn amazing.

I remember exactly where I was when my high school principal came over the PA to tell us what had happened. By the time she came on, we had heard through the grapevine that something had happened. I was in Doc Page's class (crazy man), and he was bound and determined that it was all a hoax and staged. He wouldn't let us go watch the news because he was pretty damn sure that it was all going to blow over. Ha. I wonder if he could take back those words, now that he knows the truth? What would he say now? He probably wouldn't. He is such a nut that he probably thinks its all STILL a hoax. Well, anyway, the rest of the day we watched the news in EVERY class. How extremely heartbreaking. It still brings tears to my eyes and chills to my body when I see footage from that day.

This day for me, is like the day President Kennedy was shot for my parents. A day I will never forget where I was and what I was doing. A day of disbelief. A day of horror. A day of grief.

My heart goes out to all of the families that were affected by this tragedy. God Bless you. May He bring you strength through this day of remembrance and may He make every day a little easier for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment