Sunday, October 25, 2009

Mizzou-WOW!

My Grandpa, Uncle, Father, whomEVER always used the saying "back in my day...".  After going to Mizzou for the weekend, I can now officially say the same saying...

Back in my day when I attended Mizzou:


  • You did not have to pay to park 
  • There WERE free tailgating spots
  • General admission tickets were $10, maybe $20 for Homecoming (now $69)
  • The general admission sat on the hill.  There were no bleachers
  • The student section did not have silly wristbands and you did not have to show your ID to get in, you already paid for the tickets...who cared!
  • You used to be able to bring friends in easily.
  • Televised games were basically once in a blue moon
  • Mizzou was worth watching...
We did have a blast, however!  We tailgated before hand ($15 to park). We left before half time because, well, if anyone was watching, you KNOW it was not worth staying ($140 down the drain...).  We finished the night off at a house party on East Campus...wow did that bring back memories!!!  I would love to share what happened, but many may not believe that I ever left the college world. So I am going to leave it to your imagination.  :)

I do have to say that I am rather proud of myself.  I jumped right back into the whole partying before and after a game...maybe it was the atmosphere...

No comments:

Post a Comment