Monday, November 30, 2009

Our Extended Weekend

This weekend was wonderful.  It was so nice to spend 4 days with both Sam and Greg.  I think Samantha truly enjoyed that much Daddy time as well.

Thursday was a busy busy day, as is every holiday now that we are married!  Okay, since we have been dating!  :)  Its so nice to have both families in town so that we don't have to travel for every holiday.  We slept in a little and then went over to my parents house to help cook and prepare for linner.  No, I didn't spell that incorrectly.  We went to my parents house for lunch, but let's be honest, Thanksgiving is a dinner meal, so we had linner.  :)  My parents bought a new kitchen table so Greg and my little sister's bf, Jake, put it together.  Its really pretty.  My parents kitchen is slowly but surely getting a HUGE makeover.  I can't wait for the next step, whatever that may be!
So anyway, Thanksgiving. Can I say that it is my FAVORITE holiday?  There is not a single food that I don't love.  :)  We had mashers, peas mushrooms and rosemary, turkey, canberries, a new sweet potato dish and of course, pumpkin and apple pie!  :)

After spending time with my family we headed over to Greg's parents house for the Flieschmann family dinner.  Lots of people and of course, as always, yummy yummy drinks!  Cosmos are my favorite there!  :)  We had the same dishes plus green bean casserole made by yours truly and minus the pea dish!  Greg's aunt also made a DELICIOUS chocolate chip pie.  Mmmm...
We also had our friends Justin and Katie join us for the second half of the day.  It was good to have friends with us for the holiday.  :)  Both of their families live out of town so we adopted them for the day.

Needless to say, we were all exhausted after the days end!  Sam never went down because, let's face it, with 4 young boys running around, there was NOT a chance that was going to happen!  That's okay though.  she was a trooper as always!

Friday we had eye doctor appts and then Sam and I ran errands and Greg went into Breadsmith.

Saturday we cleaned cleaned CLEANED!  Oh its so nice to have a clean house!  I pick up during the week, but the deep cleaning was SOOOO nice!  Then we watched Greg wash the cars and Amy came over to keep us company.

Sunday was our typical Sunday.  Nothing to report!  :)

Sure it may seem boring to some, but for us it was quality family time.  We did a whole lot of everything and a whole lot of NOTHING all at the same time!  :)  Good weekend.  Can't wait to repeat it in a few weeks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment