Monday, August 23, 2010

Anti co-sleeping

This past weekend we spent the night at Greg's parents' house to watch their dogs since they were out of town.

Sam's crib is in Greg's sister's room, which is where we decided to sleep.  Well Sam decided to wake up right before we decided to go to sleep.  We let her cry herself back to sleep, went in and she woke up again.  Refusing to go back down, we put her in the bed with us.  While she was quiet, she sure as HECK did not lay still.  She wiggled and wormed until 2:15 in the morning.  This is when we decided to change her diaper, give her some tylenol (she does have 2 teeth coming through) and stick her back in her crib.  She was quiet so we left and slept downstairs.  It was so sweet of Samantha to sleep in until 10, but I would have rather gone to sleep at 11 like we planned and gotten to sleep in.

Oh well.  I now know that all those times I wished she could sleep with us because I'd love to cuddle just isn't worth it!  :)

1 comment:

  1. Preach it sister!!! I love my freedom in this one place. Though movies or early morning wake up snuggles when they can get out of their own bed work too.
    I favor the rocking to tired and put to bed time for snuggles now.

    ReplyDelete