Thursday, August 27, 2009

Mothers Milk

I have been trying everything...EVERYTHING to get my milk supply up. I've had water until I'm peeing every 3 minutes, had a beer or two, ate like crazy, and I don't even know what else. You know, now that I think about it, I'm sure the problem is the calorie count. But do you know how hard it is to eat for 2 when the second is no longer in your body eating everything you've got?! Plus, it was SO easy to eat that much after Sam was born when others were at your house, cooking you lunch and dinner. Now, its up to me, and well, I hate to cook. I'll be honest. It BORES me. I find no gratification out of it other than it is food in the stomach. The truth comes out!

So anyway, I'm on to the next thing. I've honestly thought about giving up. I mean, I don't think it would be that hard to wean now; especially since I only pump about an ounce every time. But the thought actually saddens me, so I'm not ready yet. I've come to those terms. Now I'm determined again to make this work. So, Mother's Milk Plus it is. It tastes awful. No, I mean it. AWFUL! I have never had anything taste that bad. AND I have to take it 4 times a day. Ew. But, I gues I'll do anything for my little girl. :) It has the herb, Fenugreek which is supposed to increase milk supply. It also has other herbs and such in it to make these puppies produce milk like crazy. The woman at Cotton Babies said that I should start seeing results in a mere 48 hours. YAY! She also said that I would have to continue to use it (like, for months) to continue to see results. boo.

In other news...Sam rolled over for the first time on Tuesday!! :) I was playing with her and showing her the moves and she just did it on her own! :) Front to back like 4 times in a row! So proud of her :P


No comments:

Post a Comment