Wednesday, July 21, 2010

"Circle Time" Enforced

Samantha and Ben are definitely at the age where I can keep their attention span for 5 minutes.

That being said, I have started "Circle Time" at my house.  More like a triangle, but you get the idea!

We sit down, sing a good morning song, along with other songs, and learn sign language and have just started counting.  We also go over body parts as well as read books.

I have done circle time with 2 year olds and up, but never with the 1-2 age group.  So, I am asking for a little help.  If you have any other ideas that can be taught to this age group in the span of 5 minutes, I would greatly appreciate it.

Also, I really want to start art time, so if you have any ideas that would be fun, I am all ears!  We have done coloring with Crayons, but that gets rather boring.  I have vanilla pudding that I will add food coloring so that we can finger paint with that, but I am out of safe, edible ideas after that.  (Sam and Ben both still put EVERYTHING into their mouths.)

Thanks in advance!  :)

3 comments:

  1. I think you should start with some algebra!

    No really, animal noises? You guys there yet?

    I will be the one asking you for advice soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. see slm posts, thing pincer grasp too or using tongs for picking up cotton balls as well. I will keep adding ideas somewhere LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made these "texture" cards using pieces of scrap cloth and I show these to Magnus. I will say this is shiny, this is scratchy, this is soft, and let him feel the different textures. Right now he's really too young for understanding all of this but it's good practice.

    ReplyDelete