Friday, February 27, 2009

When the Husband's Away...

Greg has left me, again.  I'm sad about this.  I always think I can handle it and then I get sad.  I think its because responsibility falls completely on me, and for some reason too much responsibility scares me.  It's a new phenomenon, but I really don't like that quality about me, or should I say fault.  Luckily, he is only gone for the weekend.  However, responsibility still hit today.  We did not pay our property taxes for 2008 (whoops!), so I had to go downtown and take care of it.  Not a big deal.  Greg and I had already called them to find out what I would need to bring, and then we called to double check, triple check, quadruple check...you could say that I'm a little neurotic about that kind of stuff.  I just did not want to show up there and not have everything they needed and then have to go back.  Well, that's exactly what happened.  It was no problem registering and paying for my car (the Honda).  However, somehow my car almost doubled its value as it got one year older... hmmm.  But since Greg's Pathfinder was registered in Jefferson County, they could not look it up; and since I did not have previous property tax receipts for his car, I could not register or pay for his.  So, that means that I have to go BACK on Monday before work and take care of it.  Oh the joys of being grown up.  No one ever told me that when I grew up there would be so many little things that pop up.  I think that if I had a choice, I would go to Never Land.  Peter Pan had the right idea.  
What was worse, Greg was not around to talk to because he is on a silent retreat.  So, when the husband's away, the wife cries.  

No comments:

Post a Comment