Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Temper Tantrums


Apparently when the doctor told Greg that Samantha was going to start having temper tantrums now that she is one, that was her version of "permission" to do so.
Its not just a few cries.

No.  Its full on tantrum.  Limp in Mom or Dad's arms.  On the floor, arms and legs flailing.  Mom just better walk away tantrum.

Luckily, they don't last long and ignoring them is the best remedy.  Once she figures out no one is around to pay attention to it, she moves on.

My MIL told me that we can only hope that she gets over them now and is fine when she is 2/3.

Somehow, I don't see this happening.  In fact, I see her mastering this skill in the next couple of years.

2 comments:

  1. yeah this is when it starts and then it gets worse as they get older but then they level off for a bit. I too have found that ignoring them is the best policy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. they morph and change up the tantrum including button pushers that will drive you wild...I have an ignore setting in my hearing too

    ReplyDelete