Sunday, July 12, 2009

5K

Greg emailed me this week and asked if I wanted to run the Charity (for Stand Up to Cancer) 5K this weekend in honor of the All Star Game. I was a little hesitant because its been 11 months if not more since I've done a run/workout that hard. I decided to buck it up and do it, and it was amazing! The race itself was a little challenging. We went with our neighbor, her sister and her friend from Chicago. I ended up falling behind the pack and running on my own. I think that made it more difficult because I didn't have a buddy to keep me encouraged to run. Sooo...I ran a mile, walked a mile, ran a mile. Truthfully, it wasn't all that bad. I could have done a lot worse! I'm really proud of myself for going for it. I figured if I didn't start now, I never would.

Greg and I want to do the 1/2 marathon in April in honor of Sam's birth. This put it all into perspective...I need to train! Now, I really want a jogging stroller. That would be AWEEESOME! :) A double would be perfect since I will be taking Ben in a few short weeks.

Greg has all of a sudden become highly interested in a triathlon. I am completely supportive, although I think he needs to train a little. The Kirkwood triathlon is full and the waiting list has like 50 people on it. I think he needs to wait a year and train. He's not so convinced by that. We will see.

Other than that, our weekend has been uneventful. Friday night we went to Harry's bar and grill on Southwest Ave. for one of Greg's co worker's last day of work. They have karaoke on Friday nights. It was a blast. I sang "None of Your Business" by Salt N Pepa. Classic Katie. My brother babysat. How wonderful is it to have family in town to baby sit for you? Not only do you not have to pay, but its quality time that they have with Sam. Awesome.

Saturday Greg went over to Val and John's to power wash and clean their deck and today he is staining it for them. :) A little extra cash in the pocket never hurt anything...and its going to help pay for our ski trip that we are taking this winter! YAY!!! Sam and I just hung out. I kind of want to make a trip up to Spicer's in Clayton since I have $100 worth of gift certificates there. (One of my student's parents own it.) I wonder what we could find with that...hmmm...and think of all the CANDY we could get. Mmmm...Candy :0)

But, first, its nap time. My body is exhausted from that run. Can't wait for it to be back in tip top shape! :) :)


No comments:

Post a Comment