Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Its been done...




Well, I did it. I have started supplimenting formula with my breast milk. Why, you ask? Well, I can't seem to produce enough milk. I have tried EVERY trick of the trade. Some days I have enough, some days I do not. Last week I started pumping and mainly bottle feeding to see how much Sam was getting at each feed. The poor baby sometimes only got 2 1/2 ounces. So, after talking with Greg yesterday, we decided that supplimenting would be best.

Do I feel like a failure? A little bit, yes. But, Sam's health is more important than my pride. I'll get over it. Look, I already am!! :)

1 comment:

  1. my friend melanie only produced roughly that much in each breast and fed her sam on one side, drained that, then the other. i had to do that towards the end, too! although, mine was b/c i was already weaning her.

    hope you can pump and get that supply up! :) mine got out of control when i pumped... so you never know!! :)

    and i have some single serve packets of powder formula of the formula you have pictured if you want them. i also have two cans of similac powder formula and one bottle of liquid. let me know! we will never use them. they are probably still good - they have never been opened.

    ReplyDelete