Thursday, July 16, 2009

Wine-O

It turns out that white wine does not do wonders for Sam's stomach. Or, maybe it does, but definitely NOT in a positive way. I've been trying to figure out what has been making her stomach so upset lately. Tuesday she screamed bloody murder for Nancy while I was at the grocery store.

My tentative conclusion: the milk she gave her was from Sunday, and on Sunday I drank wine.

Today, she woke up from her nap screaming at the top of her lungs (after only 45 minutes of sleeping) and wouldn't stop until I gave her Mylicon. Which, by the way, is a Godsend.

My more sturdy conclusion: I drank wine last night with dinner.

I do not think I am going to continue to test this theory. No one likes a screaming baby; especially her when her tummy hurts. :(

I guess I will switch to beer. I haven't paid much attention to it until now. Hopefully, wine is the only culprit.

The positive side to all of this: I can sing "You Are My Sunshine" to her and it will calm her down in an instant. Three cheers to a soothing song!

2 comments:

  1. I sing the same song to Savannah and she loves it! Although, I would sing it to her while she was screaming at the boob and it would have a minimal effect (just as everything else did).

    Hopefully wine is the only thing that upsets Sam's stomach! I couldn't have grapes, broccoli, spicy food, garlic, onion, red sauce.... yeesh! Poor baby with an upset tummy is no good! Feel better, Sam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw- you are TOTALLY improving on your blog updates!! :) keep 'em comin! haha

    ReplyDelete