Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween

We had a wonderful time this year for Halloween!  I decided a while back that Samantha was going to be a cowgirl.  I like to plan ahead because I always have a specific costume in mind and I am not a big fan of the store bought ones (I know that time will come, but I like to not pay $40 for crap...) and I have to search high and low for exactly what I am looking for.

Here's the low down on her costume:

  • boots: Target for $19.99. I bought them a size too big so she can grow into them!  :)
  • hat: $1 Store so it was $1
  • kerchief: Hobby Lobby for 0.99
  • Shirt: purchase from Grandma Levine :)
  • Jeans: already in her wardrobe.  

Greg and I acquired our costumes from his Mom and Dad.  Amazingly, they had all of that stuff lying around. I guess horseback riding comes in handy for your kids when they want to dress up as cowboys and cowgirls.

Finnegan's blanket is a horse blanket that Greg's parents had in their garage.  

We trick or treated at Greg's brother's house in Ballwin.  We had such a good time and Sam did wonderful with the thank yous and the hi's and sometimes with the trick or treats.  But man, if she was a pro at anything, it was taking the candy out of the bowl and putting it in her pumpkin.  She was born to trick or treat.  And her Daddy and I were born to eat her candy!  :)

I hope everyone had a wonderful and safe Halloween.  I am currently willing myself to not go to the pumpkin full of candy and eat a Snickers.  Or a Laffy Taffy.  Or a Tootsie Pop...

1 comment:

  1. or Reese's Pieces, or candy corn, or licorice. But then again whose eating candy? LOL

    ReplyDelete