Monday, February 7, 2011

J-O-B Say What?!

That's right.  A job has found me.  I have found a job!  WOO!  Its been a really long year, but I'm thankful that I have found one that I am so happy about!

I will be working for an endodontist and my title will be administrative assistant, but by his description I will be doing so much more!  He just opened his practice in July and currently only has one other employee who is his dental assistant.  She is currently doing all the things that I will be doing so I will get much of my training from her.  I can't wait for March 1 to roll around!

Now I need to find a daycare that I love.  This is going to be harder than I thought.  Well, that's not true.  I knew I would be picky.  I think what's going to happen is I am going to have to put her somewhere until she's two (just two short months) and then put her in somewhere I am comfortable.  I looked at somewhere on Friday and while I wasn't happy with the curriculum, I thought the teachers were okay.  I have a tour this week and one next, so I am not going to make any final decisions until then.  So, my hope is to put her in the place I looked at last Friday and then move her to another daycare.  My goal in all of this is not to get too stressed out.  I know that I want her to be in a center setting vs. a home setting because that would be the case when she turned 3 anyway.

But yes, that's the good news!  Come March 1st, I will no longer be a WAHM!  WOOT!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!!! :) Good luck finding a daycare. I know that NAEYC accredited ones are probably the most pricey but that's where I'd start since the requirements for that are a lot stricter than just the general state requirements.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck for sure, as this is quite possibly one of the most important decisions you have had to make for her so far! Yeah for all the time you have had at hoe and the right job at the right time.

    ReplyDelete