Friday, February 18, 2011

Shin Splints and other randoms

I have been running the last couple of days and that's all it took for my shin splints to come back.  This means I need to go out and find some athletic tape, tape them up really well, and hit the road again!  There is nothing like a little pain in the shins to bring back the nostalgia of gymnastics...

On a different/same note, a really good friend was going to run the 1/2 marathon this April and found out this week that she has a stress fracture in her foot.  She has to be in a boot for 4 weeks.  That basically is right up to the marathon.  So, I told her that I would run/walk it with her so that she could still do it but not alone.  She's Her boss already paid for it, so she doesn't want that money to go to waste.  So, I have to do a little running to keep up with her.  :)

I hope you all had a fabulous Friday!  I had the day off as the boys went to Louisville to visit family.  Greg left early this morning for Colorado so it's just me and my girl this weekend!  Today, a really good friend of mine came in from Chicago and we had lunch at the restaurant up the street and finished it off with Ted Drewes.  There's nothing like St. Louis frozen yogurt and warm sunshine to remind you that spring and summer days are right around the corner!  :)

Sam's new favorite thing is to walk around the block.  And in fact, just one block usually is not enough for her.  When we get close to home, she tells me "uh uh" and starts backing up.  The girl loves to be outside and loves her exercise.  She takes after her Momma!  :)

Grandma and Papa Levine are taking Sam tomorrow evening.  The SIL and I are headed out for some drinks and to enjoy some girl time.  I am really excited except I don't know how long I will last.  I am just not the "party girl" that my MIL labeled me so long ago.  Kids will do that to ya. :)

I toured that other pre school today.  I am so conflicted. One was a home turned into a daycare and I really like their philosophy.  The other was bigger, and definitely a school setting.  They have an elementary-12 school attached to it.  Both are REALLY close to home.  I have no idea which way to go.  I am so struggling with this!!!

Random post over.

2 comments:

  1. first - try this tape http://www.kttape.com/ for your shin splints. it is more expensive, but you could keep it on for a couple of days if you wipe your shins off first. directions on taping included

    second - my dad just got a stress fracture and was going to do the marathon this april too! so sad!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are such a good friend!
    boo to shin splints

    ReplyDelete