Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas: Berger Style

Welp.   Christmas was eventful.  We woke up to a very hungry baby (well Greg did, he let me sleep in), and then came down for some coffee, cookies and present opening.  Greg and I had told each other that we were not going to get each other gifts because we just couldn't really afford it.  Well, I am me, so I of course had to get him a little something.  I went out and bought him boxers.  He was in desperate need.  I was feeling pretty good about myself!  Greg on the other hand, had already bought me a gift knowing that I would say no gifts.  I have been wanting a new Coach purse since I was preggers with Sam.  In fact, I wanted it to be my "push present".  Although that's not what I got then, its what I received yesterday!  Isn't she a beaut?!



he then decided to spoil me further with this!




I'd say I'm a lucky girl.  A thankful girl.  :)

We then headed off to see Greg's parents.  On the way we didn't realize how icy it had gotten.  We were just so excited that we were actually ON TIME! (A trait that is not common with us!)  I was busy switching over my purses, Sam was in the back with her giraffe, and Finnegan was in the very back watching the cars go by. Greg hit a patch of ice and slowed down (thank goodness).  Not 30 seconds later he hit another patch.  He tried to save it but it was lost.  We slid sideways one way and then he turned it so we slid the other.  Luckily he was able to control it enough not to hit the median head on, so it hit the front left bumper, sending Greg's air bag out, and then bounced off and hit the back left bumper.  We were able to make it to the shoulder and thankful that no one was around us to T-bone us or for us to hit.  The drivers that were well behind us made sure we were okay.  We were.  Thankfully.  Sam was shaken up, but she fell asleep shortly after.  Poor Finnegan was shaking so badly.  I went back with him and consoled him.  He continued to shake until we got to Greg's parent's house.  Greg's dad came out and picked us up and we are pretty sure we are going to have to say our goodbyes to our Pathfinder.  What a great car though.  We hit that median pretty gosh darn hard and it saved our lives.



We called the cops, but with 2 people struck on the highways, TONS of accidents involving injuries and one delivery!!!  they never made it to us. (after an hour of waiting!)


I do have to say that I am so thankful for our families.  Greg's parents just handed us the keys to the Sequoia, and for now, that's what we will be driving.


We called the insurance company and had the car towed and in the next couple of days we will know the damage.



We finished the evening at my parents house with some nummy pork tenderloin, green beans, a YUMMY pie that Jake(Jennie's bf) and his sister made from scratch and some pretty thankful parents/grandparents!!

My mommy received a Wii and Wii fit, so you'll know where to find me when I'm never at home!


It was one emotional, exhausting and eventful Christmas!

We hope that you had a blessed Christmas and that you took a moment to remember the true meaning of Christmas.

Love to you all!!!

1 comment: