Thursday, December 3, 2009

Thoughtful Thursday

*Disclaimer: I haven't fully thought this blog through, so its just going to come out.  Enjoy, or don't.  Whatev!


I have been attending Catechism classes since September and they will continue until Easter Vigil where, if I decide that Catholicism is the right path for me, I will be Baptized (have yet to be) and Confirmed.  I have truly enjoyed these classes.  Peter and Paul are members of the church and are teaching the class.  (Don't worry, Dad, I've already made the joke about Peter, Paul and Mary.)  They are very knowledgeable men, the are strong Christians and know the Bible back and forth like no one I've ever known.  What I truly like about the class is that they encourage us to ask the questions that many do about Catholicism.  Crazy Catholic Questions, if you will!   (So if you ever have one, I shall ask it!)

Last night one of the girls asked "If God is a good God, then why does he give us free will?".  Great question! Paul had a very insightful answer.  To sum it up, he said that God does give us the choice.  Of COURSE He wants us to follow him and make the right choice, but when we put ourselves before Him, we are more than likely going to choose the path that seems to make it better for us.  When we truly put God in our hearts, and think about what He would want us to do, we are going to make the right choice because we are then Men (Women) after God's own heart.  One thing that Paul did say is that sometimes when we make the wrong choice it can later become beneficial and the right choice after all.  Its all in His plan.  Pretty awesome.

We also talked about the New Calendar Year.  So happy New Year as of November 30th.  :)  We are now in the month of Advent.  During this month I am challenging myself to remember the coming of Christ and prepare myself for his next coming.  Even during all the "hub bub" of Samantha's first Christmas (yay!) and the excitement of Family and Friends!  I truly want to remember what Christmas stands for.


No comments:

Post a Comment