Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Biter

There is a biter in the house.  Little Ben is quite the biter and can really sink his teeth into you when he wants to.  I have yet to experience it, but Sam has acquired 2 full sets of bite marks (one for each arm) and now a single tooth mark on her finger. :(

It makes me sad.  It upsets me.  But he's 17 months.  What can be done?

His Mom and I both agree that a little time-out won't hurt him any, so that's what we've begun.  Starting today.  He's been in it once.  We'll see if he continues.

Working in the industry of children for so long, biters never really bothered me.  But when its your own baby, you take offense to it yourself and get a little defensive.  

I have done my best not to "take sides" in this situation since its my little one getting bit.  

I've been the disciplinarian and the comforter before, I can do it again! :0)

This too shall pass.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh man it is tough to not hold resentment though!! Eva got a huge one while I was teaching in Sunday school even, hard not to be more gruff with them. Good luck moving over this hurdle...

    ReplyDelete