Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Better late than never!

Yesterday was such a relaxing day.  All weekend in fact.

However, in the mix of a relaxing day was an event that was one of my firsts!

That's right.

I, Katie, cut the grass for the first time.  Ever.  In my LIFE.

Shoot.  I didn't even know how to turn the darn lawn mower on before yesterday.

Sweet sweet husband was outside weed whacking the yard.  We have some crazy grass that grows all over the place.  It seemed to be taking him FOREVER.  I was sitting inside, relaxing after what was probably my normal early afternoon (cleaning the kitchen, taking care of a toddler, oh and finally writing thank you notes!).

I had noticed that after an hour sweet sweet husband hadn't even started on the grass cutting so I decided it was high time that I learned how to do so.

He showed me how to turn it on.  How to start the blade and how to use the self pusher.

In a short, sweet 30 minutes (thank you, city lawns), the grass was cut and the weed whacking was finally finished!


It was so rewarding and as I told Greg, kinda fun.

Do I want to mow your lawn?!  No.  Thanks for asking though.

We spent the rest of the afternoon at the pool where we experienced a nice downpour and sweet time with Grandma and Grandpa Fleischmann.

Great way to end a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I never had done it either till I was 21:) I recently learned how to operate a walk behind and it is no fun. My hubby spends 3 hours on our lawn..good for you to be such a considerate wife! Kudos!

    ReplyDelete