Thursday, June 24, 2010

Haylie Kay

I'm officially an aunt.  As of 11:17 pm last night to be exact.

The feeling is awesome, but hasn't always been so.

When I first found out that Carl and Cassie were expecting, I had an act of selfishness and hoped it would be a boy. I wanted MY princess to continue to be the one and only for a few years more.

Then I thought, well if they have a girl, I still have my parents who will spoil her rotten.

Then my feelings took a turn.  Right before they found out, Carl told me he wanted a boy.  I looked at him (and surprised myself), and said that if they had a girl, she would be close in age with Samantha and they could grow up together.

How awesome is that?  A cousin for Sam to grow up with.  I didn't really have that.  Our oldest cousins are my little sister's age.  5 years younger than me.  Now we can relate, sure, but growing up I just had my brother and sister.  Bor-ring.  :)

So welcome to the world, Haylie Kay!  We are so excited you're here and we can't wait for you to grow up with our baby girl!!!

1 comment:

  1. I felt the same as you about my eldest niece who "stole" the thunder of being the 1st girl on my husband side. But now I realized how God had a better plan. I LOVE that my big 3 and the other two are so very best of friends!! Being an Aunt can be so very fun!

    ReplyDelete