Monday, June 14, 2010

Nemesis

On the way home from dinner with my parents last night, I was listening to the radio.  They were asking callers, specifically women (because apparently every woman has a nemesis...who knew?!), to call in and tell them if they had a nemesis and why.  I was listening to one lady's call who said that here supposed best friend got her fired from a job.  Crazy.

This got me thinking.  Do I have a nemesis?

I'm going to be completely honest when I say I hold grudges. Big ones.  Its something I am working on, so if I am holding one on you, be patient.

So, while I hold grudges, I don't especially feel that any of those grudges equal nemeses.(This is the plural form.  I had to look it up!  :)  )

After a few minutes of deep deep thinking listening to Ke$ha, I realized that no one person is my nemesis.

But alas, I have discovered that I have one.

Hair.  Yes, Hair.

My hair. Dog hair.  Sometimes Hubby hair.  Usually daughter hair.

Hair.
Hair.
Hair.

Whether its cleaning or styling, I struggle with hair.

 It. drives. me. bonkers.

I clean, I look over and there is hair billowing in the wind of the air vents.

I style my hair one way, and in 15 minutes, it looks nothing like I styled it to be.

Sam gets a bath and her hair is so cute and curly and then she wakes up from a nap and it looks like THIS!
(I mean seriously.  Dreads on a one year old?!  Not cute.)

Hair, you are my nemesis.  But I warn you:  Be afraid, very afraid.  I will overcome you.  I WILL!  :)

2 comments:

  1. LOL
    The funny thing is I took a picture last week while running of a hill that I envisioned writing a blog title of nemisis too. Man, it seems you and I have so very much incommon sometimes. Lovin it girl!
    Good luck with the hair thing though..whew 2 girls, a cat and 3 other boys (inlcuding hubby) later I pretty much feel total defeat on that forefront:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hair is not my nemisis it is the lack there of that annoys me. Seriously Magnus is a year old and still no hair!!

    I'm pretty sure someone out there considers me thiere nemesis I mean really you haven't lived a life if you haven't pissed someone off along the way.

    ReplyDelete