Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Down and Out

Its kind of how I am feeling.  I had an interview (well two, actually, but same company) last week and it went really well.  I had pretty high hopes for the position.  I was told they would know by early this week, so when Monday and Tuesday passed, I began to get anxious.  They said that they would keep me posted, but you never know when employers say that.
I have two WONDERFUL friends who recommended me for the position and I felt really great about that.  I found out today that someone else was hired and that I was the next candidate in line.  She couldn't decide if she wanted to hire within (since she likes to say that's always an opportunity) or hire outside.  She went with within, and it totally bums me out.  This was THE job.  The job that would incorporate everything I loved with everything I wanted to grow into.
This is the first job that I truly prayed before, during and after.  I know that this was completely in God's hands, but its so disheartening all the same.  I just am not sure working out of the home is in the cards for me.
Ugh, I just hate starting over.

Anybody want to hire me?! ;0)

1 comment:

  1. I would totally hire you Katie!! I know how bad that feels though. Once upon a time there was this job at Washington University that I knew I'd be great for!!! it was everything I ever wanted in a career and the growth potential was awesome. I knew my resume was polished perfect I had a resume expert go over it and help me with put together my cover letter. I knew I met the requirements and then some I just knew I was perfect for this job!! I got the interview and the call back and then......nothing!!! I couldn't believe it. I've never interviewed for a job and not gotten it..it was the first time. I was really depressed and upset and down low for a couple of days..ok it was a week..lol. Then I remembered that God's plan for my life was bigger than I could see and he knew how much I wanted that job. I had to have faith and TRUST that he had my best interests in mind. It's hard to remember that when you are want something as badly as that but just know that I think you're awesome and I'd hire you in a heartbeat.

    ReplyDelete