Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Words

Samantha's vocabulary has really expanded in the last couple of weeks.  Its so fun to see her point to things and then just say the name of the object.  For example, we were at my grandparents' house in Ohio over the weekend and she pointed to the clock on the wall and said "clock".  Grandma and Grandpa Berger have a Grandfather and Grandmother clock at their house that she just adores.  She listens to one chime and then runs to the other one and listens to it.  Its just so funny.
She now says apple, pear, clock, and grandpa very clearly.  Grandma not so much but I am sure its going to come.
I know there are more words that she has, and I know that I haven't documented them all, but I'd say she has close to 15-20 words that are clear cut.  Then she probably has hundreds that she says that all sound the same to me!
I am really excited to watch her to continue to develop new words.

I don't know if I've ever said this, but 18 months to 3 years is TRULY my favorite age!  They are so curious and so intrigued to learn EVERYTHING!  :)

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy the new adventures ahead. I personally think the ages 2 to 6 are the best, but then again I haven't got past 10 1/2 either. Can't wait to read, and hear about what comes next!

    ReplyDelete