Sunday, January 16, 2011

Update since Christmas

Life has finally returned to normal now that we are officially done with the holidays.  The kiddos and I are back to normalcy and have started to incorporate some learning in our day!

Learning time:
I, along with a friend or two, am working on colors with the kids.  We get together twice a week and do circle time as well as a little learning time.  We try to incorporate a little art activity as well.  When I am not with Jenn and Nevaeh and sometimes Caroline and Lucie, I am working with the kiddos on my own.  Its still a little hard since their words have not fully developed, but we are getting the hang of it!

Play Dates:
I have also found a core group of friends with kiddos around the same age and it has helped me stay sane.  We spent 4 out of the 5 days last week together!  Its been a total blast and now that the kids are older, I don't feel like I constantly have to chase after them to make sure they are behaving.  I only have to keep an eye (and an ear) out for them.

I think i am going to invest in a wagon.  if get a two seater, I can probably fit all three kiddos in it and then trips to the park can happen this spring and summer.

Job?
After my play date on Friday, I really started to struggle with my decision to go back to work.  No, I have not found a job.  no where close, but I just loved being able to hang out with the Mommas and let the kiddos play.  We had a blast and I am really starting to enjoy it.

Ugh, I never know what the best option is!  I am going to keep looking but love what I do in the mean time!  :)  I got offered a job on Thursday, but the money wasn't great and with the cost of child care, I would be making less than I do now, so I had to turn it down.  It made me said, but I took it as a sign that people ARE interested and it's just going to take time.

Cleaning:
Since Christmas, I have really started to slack on my cleaning responsibilities.  I always leave it until Friday and let me tell you, by Friday, the LAST thing I want to do is clean!  So, I made lists with the Task Manager tool with Google, and I split up my cleaning chores.  And on Friday?  I just have to clean up the kitchen after lunch and sweep!  :)

SMB:
Samantha must have been going through a growth spurt.  She was eating everything under the sun and about two helpings of each!  And it was never more than 20 minutes after being done with eating that she was hungry again!  I couldn't keep up with her or stay creative!  there were days that she had the same thing twice!!  Oh, well. She was happy, and that's all that matters!

She is cutting her two year molars on top now.  She already cut the bottom two.  She's gonna look kind of funny.  She has 6 teeth on the bottom, but still only her two front teeth on top.  She'll be missing some teeth in between her front two and her molars, but whatever, I guess.  :)  As long as she can eat!



Okay, I think that's the end of my random ramblings!  I am having a hard time coming up with things to blog about.  Sam is her usual pistol self and I am just trucking along and trying to keep up!  :)

2 comments:

  1. What kind of jobs are you looking for? I'll keep an ear out for you if I hear of any leads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an extension to a wagon that I was thinking about getting rid of, if you end up getting the same one as I have you can have it my dear. I will check the brand but it is greenish blueish kind of color...
    Yeah for the momma's to do circle time etc with. Sniff, sniff I am sooo far away sigh:)

    ReplyDelete