Monday, January 3, 2011

Christmas Recap

Its been a while since I last posted and its been a whirlwind of a week!

Christmas Eve we spent the evening at Greg's Aunt's house on his dad's side.  It was short lived when my dear daughter thought it was necessary to puke up the day's eatings.  I was totally bummed about this because I was really looking forward to Sam actually enjoying Christmas this year.  I was afraid that we were back at it in the sickies.

Well, Christmas morning she woke up sorta crabby but snapped out of it when we told her she could open her presents from Santa.  She received a magnadoodle, a grocery cart and some goodies from the dollar spot (that Santa sure knows how to shop!).

We then relaxed a little, drank coffee, ate date nut bread and got ready for the whirlwind of Christmas.  We headed over to my parents house where Samantha received a kitchen set, some extra accessories, a race track, a baseball bat and ball and some other toys I can't remember and some awesome clothes!
I received a new computer (YAY!) and some clothes and Greg received a  donation to his bike fund.
We ate a great lunch cooked by my mom, sister and her boyfriend, Jake.  Jennie also made some FABULOUS cinnamon rolls from scratch.  That girl sure can bake!

We then headed over to Greg's parents' house where we enjoyed dinner and MORE present opening.  After a day of enjoying wine and beer, we decided to crash at his parents house since we were to be there the following day for his Mom's side of the family celebration.

It was a fabulous weekend filled with lots of family!

We relaxed for a few days (with a quick visit with the Brandts) and then we headed to Columbus to celebrate with my Mom's side of the family.

I truly enjoy Christmas time, and continually try to remember the true meaning, but it sure takes a lot of energy and planning.

I am happy to report after about two weeks of being off schedule, we are slowly recovering and getting back on track.

Samantha desperately needs to recuperate as she has a rather stuffy nose and yucky cough.  I think this week is going to be filled with early bedtimes, snuggles, and good naps for her.

I plan on cleaning, taking down Christmas decorations, think of my visions of 2011(thanks for that post, Elizabeth), and enjoying my life right where I am.

I am excited for Friday when Jennie's boyfriend, Jake, comes over to cook us a Mexican themed dinner!  It was my present from him (we drew names) and I am so excited for it!  :)  I will post more when I can.  Oh and I plan on uploading pictures this week too to post!

Happy Monday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment