Saturday, February 27, 2010

And so it begins..

I started my version of the Fat Flush Diet.  I bought myself 2 bottles of un-concentrated 100% cranberry juice* and ground flaxseed from Trader Joe's.  I also bought raw almonds and dried cranberries for snacks.  :)

I am not so sure how I am going to do on the whole eating part of the flush.  I can't eat as much protein as the book would like one to eat.  I will be watching what I eat, though.  

So far today I have had:


  • 2 fried eggs (-1 yolk for Sam) cooked in olive oil ( I didn't buy the flaxseed oil, either.  I might invest in that as well).
  • 1 cup of coffee (not the organic like they would like, but just black!)
  • 1/4 cup of almond/cranberry mix
  • PB&J (okay so not the best, but turkey did not sound good to me!) on flaxseed bread from Breadsmith (only water, flaxseed, salt, yeast and unbleached flour in the ingredients!)
  • 4-8 oz glasses of cranberry water, one with 1 Tablespoon of Ground Flaxseed (Only 4 more to go!)
  • 1 cup of frozen raspberries.  


Now I have to figure out what to make for dinner.  Maybe some salmon.

My goal for these first 2 weeks is to stay away from dairy, sugar and too much fat.  Not so bad today (minus the PB&J)

*Just as a side note:  Those 2 bottles of cranberry juice will last me 8 days.  Looks like I will need to head back to TJ's...

1 comment: