Thursday, January 21, 2010

Colorado

I truly should post about our trip to Colorado.   I'll do a shortened version:

Plane Rides: Almost missed our flight into Vail on Friday.  Ran through the Denver airport.  Found out today that Homeland Security recommends you don't do that because you look suspicious.  Ha.  Somehow I don't think a 5 foot white girl running with 2 jackets, 2 books and a Coach purse looks all that suspicious.  It just looks like I am going to miss my flight.
* Side note: Running at high elevations is HARD!  I had forgotten until I had to run through the airport.
Flight Home:  Almost missed our flight OUT of Vail because we were misinformed about when to get there.  Oh well.

Skiing: Awesome.  Exhausting.  Exciting.  Enthralling.  AMAZING!!!  Oh, and icy.  No snow since New Years.  However, I think its the best thing I've done in a long time.  So fulfilling.  Granted, I cried about 2x the first day because the 2 year olds (not exaggerating) next to me were better than I was. BUT!!!  I was able to teach myself to ski without forking over $150 for ski lessons!!  HOLLA!

The Views:  Breathtaking.  Beautiful. Jaw Drop worthy.

Baxter: Cutest Goldendoodle I know.  Seriously.  Puppy for sure, but cute none the less.

Melinda and Justin:  Great time hanging out with them.  Justin skied with us both Saturday and Sunday and he was pretty impressed with how well I did.  WOO!
Got to sit in and participate in Melinda's campaigner's group.  That was pretty awesome.  And she had an amazing talk too.  Its crazy how far we've come since our days in campaigners.

The major question that people asked me was if I missed Sam.  Sure, I did.  But I'm not gonna lie.  I didn't dwell a second on the fact that I wasn't going to be with her for 4 days.  I was rejoicing.

Hey, sometimes even Mommas need a break!!!  Especially if you spend every waking moment with that sweet, precious baby.

Post pictures soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment