Thursday, January 28, 2010

Politics

I hate them.

If it were up to me, I wouldn't vote.  The issue?  My father.  Die hard Democrat.  Involved in everything and anything and LOOOOVES what he does.  So for him, I support.

But let's be completely honest for a second.  Half the nation is always upset with the President in office.  No matter the President.

Obviously and currently, there are a heck of a lot of right wingers who despise Obama.  He hasn't "man"ed up to the things he said he was going to do, and on some of them, he back tracked.  But let's be honest. The man has only been in office for a year.  Cut him a little slack.

And let's be completely honest about another fun fact, right wingers.  G.W. Bush.  What a shame of a president. Did he truly do anything for our country?  I can't truly remember one positive highlight of his 8 years running our country.

Okay, so you lefties.  Are you still happy with the choice you made?

Do you think Obama is going to pull through?  Is he going to "change" this country?  Will he make it a better place for you?  Your children?  Your grandchildren?

I just want to reiterate.  I don't care for politics.  I don't like them, actually.

I went to political button shows with my dad so I could help sell buttons and make a cut.

I watched the State of the Union address last night and was bored to tears.  I always am.  Go Obama.  Go Nancy Pelosi and your awful purple suit.  Go Biden and your silly grin and your silly head nod.  Go Michelle and your fight to conquer obesity in children (okay, this I 100% agree with!).

Do your thing Mr. President, because a few short years (whether it be 3 or 7) someone else will take your spot.  And then "we" will hate him more than "we" hate you.

1 comment:

  1. meh politics is politics. I am just so sick of all the broken promises and the lies and the backstabbing and the corruption on EVERYONE's end. In a perfect world people would be decent and kind and always do the right thing and we wouldn't need a goverment body to tell us what to do. I don't honestly see how any president can fix what is wrong with out country without being seen in a negative light somewhere. I don't like Obama I didn't when he was running for president and I still don't. I don't like McCain either and if I had had any say so I would have called for a do over. Like we don't like any of the choices you gave us so we want a do over and this time actively seek to find people we would really give a dang about. It's one thing to feel out of control in your personal life it's another to feel like you have no control over the counry you live in.

    ReplyDelete